Questions and Answers
Search & Download
You can build a list for any database by selecting multiple criteria from a variety of selections.
1) Click the ‘Start’ button under the database list category you choose. For the more specialized lists, the ‘Start’ button is shown after you click on the name of the list.
2) Enter your geography selection.
3) Enter the type of business or SIC code of the business you’d like to target. For consumers, you can search by household information such as income, home value, and home ownership.
4) Narrow your search by employee size or sales volume. Narrow your consumer search by age groups, gender, and marital status as well. Choose as many or as few selections as needed for your list.
5) Done! Your sales leads will be displayed.
If the list you are building is too large or too small, try modifying the criteria by adding more or less selections.
Basic information on your list will be displayed. To see more information on a single record, click anywhere within the record and the full record detail will display to the right.
If you would like more detailed list building instructions, please download one of the following pdf’s:
Please visit our Pricing to see the current download limits.
If you have further questions regarding your download limits, please call 877.448.0101
Business – zip code, city, county, state, area code, entire US, type of business, title, SIC code, number of employees, annual sales volume, radius box/shape map search, & credit rating.
Consumer – zip code, city, county, area code within a state, age, gender, marital status, household income, home value, length of residence, home ownership, DNC registry, radius box/shape map search & presence of phones.
Hot Sales Leads – zip code, city, county, state, time frame of the life event.
If you choose to view your search results immediately from the search page, your list will also be automatically saved and accessible from both the dashboard and the ‘Previous Searches’ section.
You can also view past downloads in ‘Previous Downloads.’
Our goal with the New Business Database is to get you the names of these businesses as soon as they open the door. This allows you to search and get to them BEFORE the competitor. Use smaller geography and get a manageable list, and don’t let the competition get to them before you do!
No but you can search by phone availability and time frame.
Yes. Simply type the name of the industry that you are looking for, and related SIC codes will populate. General searches are better than specific searches.
You can find a list of SIC codes here: http://www.osha.gov/pls/imis/sic_manual.html
To print your leads onto mailing labels from your Microsoft Word file, download the following pdf:
To do a mail merge with Word on a Mac, follow these steps:
To do a mail merge using OpenOffice, download the following pdf:
To create mailing labels using mail merge in Word on a Mac, download the following pdf:
To learn how to conduct a background search, please download the PDF below.
If you are searching in the WEEKLY HOT SALES LEADS databases, those records are NOT guaranteed to have a phone number because we are trying to get you the newest and hottest leads available. So keep in mind these leads are only 5 week old or newer!
If you are searching in the consumer databases, build your search. In the last tab, “PHONE OPTIONS,” you will click on “Search by Phone Availability” and check the box. That will remove records that do not have a phone number. You will also want to click on “Omit DNC Registry Listings” and check the box. That will remove records on the Federal DNC (Do Not Call List).
The lists are in CSV format, which can be used in a wide variety of programs such as Excel or OpenOffice.
- If you download your list but it still says processing, you may have encountered a technical issue. Close the processing box and click on Previous Downloads and download it again.
- If your list is not there, call Customer Service (877-448-0101) so we can resolve the issue for you.
- If you download your list but can’t find it on your computer. Close the processing box and click on Previous Downloads and download it again. This time choose Open With and your spreadsheet will open up. Now go to File, Save As and you can choose where you want your spreadsheet saved, as well as, rename the file.
- If you printed your list and the PDF did not come up, you may have a pop-up blocker on. To learn how to turn off your pop-up blocker, please search for “pop-up blocker” on our Q&A page.